Buffalo Chicken Pull-Apart Bread
The Super Bowl is right around the corner and you know that I love to cook for it! Last year we had a couple yummy recipes, but I guess for me they didnt really feel like Super Bowl worthy food. So this year I really had to up the ante! When I was thinking about what to make, I ran across this recipe which I wanting to try.
This year, I have also decided to start video blog of the food as well, which of course I will be throwing in the blog as well! I just want to make it as easy as possible for you to make some of my favorite food!
Just a couple of notes before you get started:
1. This recipe does call for 2 can of pizza dough. This is going to make 2 pans of the pull apart bread for your Super Bowl party, so there will be plenty to go around.
2. Be sure to take your time when you are layering the dough on top of one another! You want the dough to be similar in height so that it will pull apart easily.
3. If you want this even spicier, feel free to add jalapenos into the mix, they would be an amazing addition if you like it that spicy!
- 2 packages Pillsbury pizza dough
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded or diced
- 1 cup Buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- Blue Cheese dressing for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Roll out dough and cut into squares (3 rows of 5). You should end up with 15 squares.
- In a bowl, toss together chopped or shredded chicken, Buffalo sauce, scallions and half the cheese.
- Begin layering. Brush butter on your dough, top with Buffalo mixture, followed by a sprinkling of cheese. Repeat with remaining rectangles, stacking one of top of the other, chicken side up.
- Add additional Buffalo sauce and cheese on top. Bake for 40 minutes.