Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
I came across this frosting by accident. No joke – what a sweet accident right?! Richard had told me he wanted me to try and make his favorite, sugary icing from the supermarket (which I never successfully did, by the way). In that process I tried a TON of different frostings, to no avail. But I did learn my secrets for this amazing frosting!
Many of you have had this – so you know how yummy it is, but if you have not. PLEASE try this one out!! Let me know your thoughts!
Watch the video to make the frosting with me:
- 3 (1 1/2 Cups) Sticks of Salted Butter at room temperature
- 4-4 1/2 Cup of Powered Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract (not artificial)
- 3-4 Tablespoon of Whipping Cream
- Place the butter in your Kitchen Aid and whip for 6-8 minutes or until the butter turns very airy and is white in color. The longer you can whip it the better.
- Once the butter is completed, add powered sugar - one cup at a time, mixing and blending until very smooth after every cup. Be sure you are scraping the bowl several times during the mixing.
- Add in vanilla and blend in well.
- With the blender running on medium-high speed, add the whipping cream, one tablespoon at a time and whip for 2-3 minutes until very creamy and fluffy.