Summer Fruit Salsa with Churro Tortilla Chips
To start this year let’s go with a huge staple in the summer months, fruit! This mix of strawberries, kiwi, peach and mango is sure to please! I also kind of want to take the time and remake this recipe adding pineapple or even apples in it! YUM!
This recipe also has minimal added sugars so its healthy for you as well! Time to chow down folks!
- 1 yellow peach
- 1 mango,
- 2 kiwis
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. Driscoll's strawberries
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice (fresh preferred
- 3 Tbsp peach preserves
- Pinch of Sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Dice all of the fruit and mix together.
- Add the lemon juice, jam and the sugar and mix well.
- Refrigerate up to 3 hours until you are ready to serve.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut your tortilla into triangles (I used a pizza cutter).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay out your tortilla pieces on top. Lather with butter and sprinkle heavily with cinnamon sugar mixture. Turn the pieces over and repeat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Serve with salsa and enjoy!
- Chip may be soft when they come out of the oven but will harden as they cool.