Broccoli Apple Salad
Summer time is nearly upon us and that means it time for my favorite foods. There is very little that can compare to all of the foods on the grill, the Iowa corn, the dessert and all of the trimmings! I love how warm weather brings people together and you know I love to make all of those people my food guinea pigs!
That being said, I just HAD to share this amazing salad that I made a couple weeks ago. I mean, at the end of the day who doesn’t love an amazing summer salad? It is surprisingly health as well, so you can eat it without guilt! One thing before we get started however. You are going to want to make sure that you are cutting the broccoli smaller than you think you should. Even the smallest of pieces may be a little too large and the flavor of the broccoli is going to over-power the all of the other ingredients. Make sure that as you cut up the ingredients to this salad they are similar in size and made to be bite-size (Pictured Below)! With that said…lets get cooking!
Another fun addition – serve this salad in a lettuce wrap, amazing salad on the go!
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut in to small pieces
- 1.5 small gala apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1.5 cups coarsely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or standard raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 single serving container of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your greek yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, and lemon juice until perfectly creamy and no lumps.
- Add chopped fruits/vegetables and toss with dressing until evenly covered.
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour or until very cold. Serve!
- Best served very chilled.