Steve’s Southern-Style Lemonade
While summer maybe coming to a close rather quickly, it never too late to enjoy the classic summer drink, especially on National Lemonade Day [August 20]! The best part about this is – its so easy to make and you know EXACTLY what is going into it! More and more, Richard and I become aware of what we are eating and what exactly is in it.
So celebrate today by making this delicious lemonade and end your summer with a fun water balloon fight!
- 3 cups of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 12 cups of water
- Cut your lemons in half and juice all of your lemons using a juicer or by hand. Be sure to get as much juice as possible.
- Strain your juice in a fine wire strainer so that it pulls out all of the pulp and remaining seed pieces.
- Mix the sugar and the lemon juice together until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in water and stir thoroughly. Serve on ice or very cold
- If you use lemon sext for any of your cooking, zest all of your lemons first and freeze it. This will also make the lemons easier to squeeze.